Monday 30 July 2012

Sticks and Stones.......

Now that I have just over two weeks to go until my stint at The West End Fair and I am running out of creative steam (not to mention pottery!), my thoughts are turning to the design of the stall.

This has caused me to panic....if not totally freak (I am prone to a bit of freaking when under pressure). So jumbled were my thoughts that my table was in grave danger of looking not unlike what I feed Gracie - ie a dog's breakfast.

Taking myself in hand, and thinking logically (after all, my pottery is borne of the sea and most of the images I photograph are of the sea....can you see where this is going?) I decided on a seascape theme - driftwood, pebbles, shells, netting, that kind of thing.

It was about the same time that I stumbled across this amazing lady Heather Jansch and her out of this world sculptures.



Obviously, I now feel totally inadequate as I gather together my pathetic little sticks and bits of other people's rubbish, but totally safe in the knowledge that, once I've disinfected and washed the smelly bit of netting I found on the beach it WILL look like this - and not a scabby piece of black string......



I wish..........!

2 comments:

  1. I watched a tv thing about Heather Jansch; her patience is astounding. Beautiful sculptures and I would love see her photographing them on the beach- imagine you were just walking the dog and stumbled upon them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine if the dog stumbled into them! Doesn't bear thinking about - ha,ha!!

      Delete